Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th, 2001

Today is the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and wherever it was that the hijackers of United Airlines flight 93 had intended to strike.

My girlfriend and I, living in Los Angeles, were asleep at 6:50am when a relative called and made us turn on our television. We were watching live coverage when the second plane struck the North Tower.

After the shock wore off, I decided I should go to work. I was a software tester at a major security vendor. I figured that in case there were a cyberwarfare component to the attack, I wanted to be on hand to help out in any way that I could. But my manager sent us all home, the handful who showed up.

So I went back home and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV, like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment